This week marks my 7th “anniversary” as a Team Beachbody Coach. Over the past 7 years there are dozens (if not hundreds) of times I didn’t think it was for me and I seriously considered quitting… but I’ve stuck with it and here’s why:
- It Keeps Me Accountable: As a Coach, I’m responsible for helping other people reach their health and fitness goals but here’s the secret – I’m really the person who benefits most from this! I want to be fit and strong (really strong… it’s a short person complex I think) but I’m not super motivated on my own. When I’m helping others, it literally forces me to “practice what I preach.” I don’t think I would be obese if I wasn’t a coach, but I certainly wouldn’t be in great shape… and I wouldn’t have energy… and I would probably be a little depressed – because that’s how I feel when I’m not staying accountable to my goals and to the things I’m “preaching” to others. If I get nothing else from coaching besides the fact that it keeps me accountable to my own health and fitness goals, I’d stick with it for 7 more years.
- It Literally Transformed Blake: Of course I have a “transformation” story… Beachbody helped me lose the 12 pack of beer I carried around my midsection and helped me gain a 6 pack (although I’m still working on getting that back after baby #2) BUT Blake has an amazing transformation story. He went from being an overweight, pothead, smoker (sorry babe, it’s true) to a smoking hot fitness fanatic (see… I made up for the overweight/pothead/smoker thing there 🙂 ). I didn’t make him do it (we weren’t even married yet… barely even dating)… he saw me working out one day, asked what I was doing and then made the change on his own. He literally swapped super unhealthy habits for the healthiest of habits. I knew Beachbody fitness programs worked after they helped me but it wasn’t until I saw what they did for Blake that I truly believed in how much they could literally transform someone’s life. If I get nothing else from coaching besides the fact that it allows has given me a healthy husband, I’d stick with it for 7 more years.
- It Helps Me Set The Best Example: As a mom of 2 girls, I know it’s my responsibility to show them how to respect their bodies and to feel strong and capable of doing anything they want. My mom was a yo-yo dieter – she never seemed completely happy with how she looked or felt… I paid attention to that and while there are a TON of things I want to do exactly like my mom did, yo-yo dieting is not one of them. Carter is not even 2 years old yet but she gets that mommy and daddy work out. Health is never something that should be taken for granted – Beachbody Coaching lets me show that to my girls. If I get nothing else from coaching besides the fact that it allows me to set a great example for my girls, I’d stick with it for 7 more years.
- It Pushes Me: I know this is going to sound a little cocky but I feel like I can do really great things… like BIG things. But I have a lot of self-limiting beliefs that keep me from even trying sometimes. My biggest fear in life is not realizing or reaching my potential (I know… kind of deep, right?). Beachbody Coaching has pushed me so far out of my comfort zone but in doing that, has taught me how to overcome some of those self limiting beliefs (I’m still working on some). With Coaching, there is a HUGE emphasis placed on personal development… something I’d never heard of before becoming a coach. Learning about myself and learning how I can be better and accomplish those BIG things is one of the greatest blessings Beachbody has given me. If I get nothing else from coaching besides the fact that it pushes me to be a better person, I’d stick with it for 7 more years.
- It Allows Me to Help Others: Helping other people is one of the greatest feelings ever! Outside of coaching, I have a full time job as a sales and marketing manager… not exactly a position of “service.” I want to serve others. Coaching gives me an outlet for that desire. A lot of people have a negative view of multi-level marketing business because their representatives pressure/hassle/push them into buying something they don’t want or need… a very fair assessment. I try really, really hard not to do that. I always want to come from a place of service, of helping. Obesity is an epidemic in the United States. HealthCare costs are absurd. I feel like everyone can stand to invest a little more in their own preventative health care by exercising and eating a little bit better. I want to help others find a way to stay accountable to their own preventative health care and for it to actually be FUN! If I get nothing else from coaching besides the fact that allows me to help others feel better and actually BE better, I’d stick with it for 7 more years.
- Shakeology: Yo, Shakeology is legit. Shakeology alone can be transformative in your life…it has been in mine. I don’t have any health issues… it’s not because I eat well (I don’t!! I lived off Ramen noodles for years!), I swear it’s because I drink Shakeology. I’m not going to make this a sales pitch on Shakeology, but it is hands-down the best health decision you could make for yourself (unless you’re a smoker in which case… stop smoking first). It has the highest standard in ingredients – you would be amazed at the crap they put in most protein/health drinks to make them taste like ovaltine or fruit punch or a milkshake… Shakeology doesn’t have that crap. The integrity and quality behind it is unmatched. If I get nothing else from coaching besides the discount I get on Shakeology, I’d stick with it for 7 more years.
- It Helps Takes the Pressure Off Blake: When I started coaching, I didn’t even know Blake so this reason didn’t become relevant until the second half of my coaching life. We’re now a family of 4… we have 2 kids (and 2 pups) to support! It’s expensive. I have a great, full time job which I love. Blake has a growing landscape business. BUT still finances are TIGHT. Blake has done an amazing job growing his landscape business but when the cash flow isn’t… flowing, finances become stressful. Coaching provides that extra boost to take some of the pressure off of Blake. As our girls get bigger, they will undoubtedly get more expensive. We don’t live an extravagant lifestyle but we both want to provide a good life for our growing family. With a growing family and a growing landscape business the stress over finances could get out of control. Thanks to the income coaching has provided, we can usually keep the financial stress in check. If I get nothing else from coaching besides the ability to take some financial pressure off of Blake, I’d stick with it for 7 more years.
- BONUS REASON- I Get To Go on Peddle Taverns: Ok, I’m going into a bonus reason only because I came up with 8 reasons in about 5 seconds so I felt like it should be included. Coaching is FUN and I get to hang out with FUN people and learn from FUN people. I’m a natural introvert so it’s hard for me to “bond” with others but coaching has given me a team of like-minded people to bond with and more importantly learn from. (One of the ways our team bonds is to go on Peddle Taverns in Nashville… I like our style!).
Sometimes coaching is a struggle for me. Sometimes I’m unmotivated. Sometimes I go months without working out (see: the past 7 months). Luckily you don’t have to be a fitness fanatic or a constantly motivated/positive person to be a coach. I’m looking forward to what the next 7 years of Beachbody coaching brings to me and my family. I know it’s going to bring BIG things.
I’d love for you to join me if you can relate to any of the above or if you just want to start some preventative healthcare (a regular/fun workout & nutrition program)… that’s a “salesy” as I get. I promise if you stick with it, you won’t regret it either!! If you’re interested at all (even just a little tiny bit) – shoot me a message or an email!